Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Good Times

We were at the table at lunch Monday, and somehow a conversation started between James and Molly. "You tooth-brusher!" said one, and the other retorted, "You milkshake maker!" and it went on and on with "leaf-raker," "banana peeler" and other equally ridiculous "insults." Finally, James said, "OK, Molly, I wasn't going to use this one, but you've forced me to-- you . . . you . . . you . . . PUDDLE JUMPER!" Followed by much laughter. This spontaneous word game continued for a while, and included another phrase that James felt he had no choice but to use. I can't remember all the phrases they coined, but it was entirely silly, and also just one of those times that you feel privileged to be a witness to creative genius.

This is also a time that I am so glad the kids are homeschooled, and have such great comaraderie as well as me enjoying being there to see antics like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment